The University is committed to supporting our growing student population on the Parkville campus through the Melbourne Student Accommodation Program (MSAP), which seeks to deliver on the University’s commitment to providing 6000 safe, affordable and quality student accommodation places within walking-distance of the Parkville campus by 2020. To achieve this target, the University will add around 3000 beds through a range of projects including the University College extension as well as new beds at University owned sites at Royal Parade, Bouverie Street, Carlton Connect and Lincoln Square.
The Bouverie Street development forms part of the University’s commitment to supporting student’s transition to University life and their wellbeing while here. The site’s close proximity to the Parkville campus and the Melbourne CBD, and capacity to offer 596 new, affordable and student-tailored beds were key drivers in selecting this University-owned site for development.
- Will the student accommodation building at 123- 135 Bouverie Street overshadow the Queensberry Street Children’s Centre?
- In addition to student accommodation, does the University plan to develop additional childcare centres?
- What are the current regulations outlined in the Melbourne Planning Scheme that relate to the Bouverie Street site?
- How will the construction management be handled?
- How will noise be managed during construction?
- How will the boundary between the Children’s Centre and the accommodation be managed?
- Will the noise made by tenants of the student accommodation impact surrounding neighbours?
- Who will manage the accommodation?
- Is there an overlooking issue to neighbours and is there a risk of objects being thrown out of the building’s windows?
For updates on the Bouverie Street Unilodge
If you would like further information about the Bouverie Street Unilodge please email the project team at firstname.lastname@example.org